SUPERVISED BY: CACSEI Board of Directors
SALARY: Range based on experience/education
OFFICE LOCATIONS: Dillsboro (Dearborn County), Madison (Jefferson County) and Greensburg (Decatur, County)
DEFINITION: Responsibilities include (but not limited to) implementation and execution of a strategic business development plan, managing all fundraising campaigns/activities, leading a marketing and donor development initiative as well as other shared office duties. Responsibilities are also subject to change.
Minimum Job requirements:
Education: Bachelors or Masters in a related field (public relations, marketing or non-profit management). Minimum of 5 years experience in management. Proficient computer, communication and organizational skills.
Job Description- Specific Duties:
- Work collaboratively with the CACSEI Board of Directors and management to implement and execute a business development plan
- Implement and execute strategic initiatives aimed at long-term financial security, and funding diversification
- Assist with leadership responsibilities and duties
- Monitor progress toward development goals utilizing metrics related to donor acquisition, donor retention, and growth in annual giving in relation to the goals established each year.
- Engage in discussions about current and future fund development needs
- Research potential funding opportunities and follow through as appropriate
- Maintain ongoing contact with the agency’s board/staff regarding fund development program and plans
- Develop strategies for and coordinate fund-raising activities
- Manage relationships with both corporate and private donors
- Manage details of the annual giving and fundraising campaign(s)
- Assist with all aspects of community awareness and fundraising events
- Maintain database and information for all donors and prospective donors
- Coordinate promotion of the agency through its website, printed materials, media relations, and social marketing
- Strategize with Board and Management Staff to seek new corporate and foundation funding sources and maintain relationships with current/past donors.
- Ensure community/corporate/ business donors receive regular updates on agency activities
- Track details of corporate gifts, including ensuring gifts are acknowledged appropriately throughout the period of the gift
- Ensure appropriate and timely acknowledgement of all donations
- Identify and pursue new corporate and private donor relationships in collaboration with the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Work collaboratively with Management Staff to complete grant prospecting and strategize for grant funding opportunities.
- Conduct grant prospecting research and prepare a report of the top 20 funding matches
- Maintain a grant submission and management calendar
- Assist with agency publications and electronic communication strategies.
- Assist with newsletters, annual reports, and other printed materials
- Ensure the agency website and other means of electronic communication are current, professional and engaging
- Oversee maintenance of electronic communications databases and publication of mass e-mails
- Assist with electronic and paper fundraising campaigns
- Conduct tours of facilities with existing or prospective donors as needed
- Prepare facilities or venues for special events
- Must be available during regular office hours and occasionally after-hours.
- Must be willing and able to drive throughout 10+ county region as needed.
- Act as a community liaison
- Conduct professional and community trainings as needed
- Exemplify leadership in improvement and assistance with the development of CAC programs and services.
- Maintain office(s) and provide day to day administrative duties including mail, phones, filing and distribution of information as well as cleaning/maintenance
- Attend CACSEI Board, management and/or agency staff meetings
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as requested
Job Description- Specific Requirements:
- Must be able to work in stressful situations and utilize self-care methods.
- Must be able to work independently as well as function as a team member and accept guidance and direction
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge or be able to quickly take charge of donor relations, endowments, annual giving, foundations/corporate solicitations, special event planning, and marketing.
- Demonstrated grant writing success preferred. Knowledge of philanthropic communities ideal. Understanding or experience working with child welfare and/or criminal justice systems preferred.
- A qualified candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be able to attend required trainings/meetings, have a valid driver’s license with proof of minimum state required auto insurance, and successfully pass a criminal history check.
- All requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work with a variety of people (including clients and their families) as well as professionals in the areas of child protection, law enforcement, medicine, education and agency employees.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to adapt well to the structure and environment of the center.
- Subject to background check, including Criminal and Child Protective Services.
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb stairs, or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Must also be able to deal with a variety of emotions under stressful situations and be able to deal with people who may be very upset as needed. Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes within this agency.
- Requires normal range of hearing, eyesight, coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to record, prepare and communicate reports and operate office equipment.
- Requires ability to lift 20 pounds to waist height as well as bending, stooping and reaching when dealing with a variety of children.
- Work Environment
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The ideal candidate will be collaborative and able to handle variety and stress in their schedule.
Position is dependent on success of this position, financial stability of the agency and also comes with a minimum one year probationary period.
Projected Start Date: TBD
Application must be received by: February 5th, 2021
If interested, please mail resume and cover letter to:
Children’s Advocacy Center of SEI
ATTN: Board of Directors
12211 Rullman Drive
Dillsboro, IN 47018
The Children’s Advocacy Center of Southeastern Indiana, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the recruitment, employment, promotion, or transfer of qualified personnel, or in the administration of personnel practices based upon age, sex, race, ethnicity, nationality, handicap, or religion.