This training is for adults interested in learning about child abuse prevention.
You’ll learn practical advice for working with children, hear from survivors, and how to be accountable after disclosure
You’ll have interaction, insight, and compassion amongst every attendee of these trainings. You’ll receive:
- An interactive workbook and accompanying DVD featuring segments of sexual abuse survivors relating their stories of violation and healing. Other sections include the author of the curriculum and from professionals who work daily in the fight against sexual violence.
- Darkness to Light’s® 5 Steps to Protecting Our Children: A guide for adults to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
- Opportunity for discussion about important issues in sexual abuse prevention and the relevance of these issues within organizations that serve children and adolescents.
- The simple principles of choice, consciousness, personal power, and relentless compassion to motivate individuals to action.
- A curriculum that is direct about holding each adult accountable and the support necessary for personal change, taking into consideration any fears or concerns.
Through a series of real-life survivor stories, educational workbook, insightful group discussion and fact-based tips from experts in the field, your group will learn all aspects of prevention.