Job Title: School Presentation Coordinator
Agency: Children’s Advocacy Center of Southeastern Indiana
Reports To: Director of Community Outreach
Job Status: Full / Part Time
Summary of the Position:
The School Presentation Coordinator is essential to fostering and building new relationships within our community and schools. They focus on the implementation of a child sexual abuse prevention program which is used to educate and empower children, teenagers, and adults about child abuse. The School Presentation Coordinator is also responsible for victim identification and other training / projects necessary and appropriate to support the mission of the Children’s Advocacy Center of Southeastern Indiana.
Education Requirements: Degree in social work, criminal justice, education or a related field.
- Coordinate, execute, and evaluate the MBF Child/Teen Safety Matters curriculum in contracted schools and organizations throughout the Children’s Advocacy Center of Southeastern Indiana’s region.
- Conduct 1-1 minimal facts interviews on potential victims who have identified they aren’t safe.
- Track and report training outcomes to all appropriate entities in a timely manner.
- Monitor, track, and complete reports for funds / grants allocated to support prevention education, victim identifications and training programming.
- Participates in MDT Case Review Meetings as necessary and appropriate.
- Must ensure that all services provided prioritize the needs, comfort, and safety of the child.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as requested by the Director of Community Outreach and / or Children’s Advocacy Center of Southeastern Indiana Associate and Executive Director.
- Must be able to work well with children ages 5-18 years old
- Must be a confident public speaker
- Must be able to maintain classroom management
- Must be able to work in stressful and emotional situations
- Must be able to work independently as well as function as a team member and accept guidance and direction from Directors
- Must be willing to travel within the counties we serve
- Must have reliable transportation, a driver’s license, and proof of insurance
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Strong communication skills
- Must be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner, in high pressure situations
- Must be organized and manage time appropriately
- Must attend all required trainings
- Must complete a background check
- Must be able to deal with a variety of emotions under stressful situations and be able to deal with people who may be very upset
- Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position
- Requires normal range of hearing, eyesight, coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to record, prepare and communicate reports and operate office equipment
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and duties that may be required of this position within the Children’s Advocacy Center of Southeastern Indiana. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this job. Nothing in this job description restricts your supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All employment relationships at the Children’s Advocacy Center of Southeastern Indiana are of an at-will nature and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment.