Job Title: Child Victim Advocate
Reports To: Executive Director/Associate Director
Job Status: Full Time
Position Description: This position contributes to the mission of the Children’s Advocacy Center, Inc. by providing advocacy, crisis support and case management services to child victims of abuse and neglect and their non-offending families and caretakers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet clients and families upon their arrival to the center and respond to their emotional needs.
- Conduct intake interviews with the non-offending family and/or caretaker
- Provide information and referrals regarding resources to clients
- Provide assistance to potential recipients of crime victim compensation benefits.
- Assist clients in obtaining resources when appropriate to stabilize their lives.
- Provide trauma informed crisis assessment and intervention.
- Provide risk assessment and safety planning
- Communicate and collaborate with other professionals involved with the client/case as necessary
- Track cases and enter into CAC database (NCATrak).
- Make appropriate referrals for follow-up services
- Provide court education, support and accompaniment, if necessary.
- Maintain client contact log
- Attend case review and case tracking meetings
- Assist clients with access to treatment and other services, including protective orders, housing, public assistance, domestic violence intervention, transportation, financial assistance, Interpreters, and others determined for individual clients.
- Schedule counseling appointments when necessary
- Attend training for Victim Advocacy at minimum, annually.
The Victim Advocate will have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree and will have at least two years experience working with child abuse victims. The preferred candidate will also have training and experience in working with children, multidisciplinary teams, the court system, rape crisis centers, etc.
The Victim Advocate will work at least forty hours per week. There may be times when the Victim Advocate will have to work more than 40 hours per week in order to satisfy all responsibilities. COMPENSATION The Victim Advocate will be paid an annual salary that will be commensurate with skills, experience, quality of work, and community standards.
The Victim Advocate will be supervised by the Executive Director and Associate
Please send cover letter and resume to Jessica Whitham at Jessica@cacsoutheast.org
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and duties that may be required of this position within the Children’s Advocacy Center of Southeastern Indiana. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this job. Nothing in this job description restricts your supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All employment relationships at the Children’s Advocacy Center of Southeastern Indiana are of an at-will nature and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment.